Uzbekistan wrestler Soslan Tigiev has been stripped of an Olympic medal for the second time, for failing a drugs test at the Beijing Games.
He is one of nine athletes, including six medallists, disqualified by the International Olympic Committee after samples from the 2008 Games were retested.
The 33-year-old has lost the silver he won in the men’s freestyle wresting.
Four years ago he was disqualified from London 2012 after winning bronze.
The IOC has been retesting more than 1,200 samples from Beijing and London.
The nine athletes disqualified on Wednesday are:
- Soslan Tigiev, Uzbekistan, men’s freestyle wrestling 74kg, won silver
- Ekaterina Volkova, Russia, women’s 3,000m steeplechase, won bronze
- Olha Korobka, Ukraine, men’s weightlifting 75kg, won silver
- Taimuraz Tigiyev, Kazakhstan, men’s freestyle wrestling 96kg, won silver
- Nastassia Novikava, Belarus, women’s weightlifting 53kg, won bronze
- Andrei Rybakou, Belarus, men’s weightlifting 85kg, won silver
- Sardar Hasanov, Azerbaijan, weightlifting
- Josephine Nnkiruka Onyia, Spain, 100m hurdles
- Wilfredo Martinez, Cuba, long jump
Article source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/37782154