How to follow:Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne will miss Wednesday’s EFL Cup fourth-round tie at local rivals Manchester United with a calf injury.
Pablo Zabaleta is also out but Vincent Kompany, who made his first league start since April on Saturday, is fit.
City are without a win in five games in all competitions and manager Pep Guardiola said he will rotate his side.
“Some are going to play. I need to see the players in training and after we will decide the team,” he added.
United are also yet to win in the league this month – they lost 4-0 at Chelsea on Sunday – but Guardiola said he “always expects the best” from City’s neighbours.
“They are a strong team with quality. They are six points behind – just two games,” said the Spaniard, whose City side won the league meeting with United 2-1 in September.
“Derbies are always special. We are going to try to play seriously and try to win the game.”
Guardiola said he wants Argentina striker Sergio Aguero, who has been linked with a move away from City, to stay at the club “for a long time”.
“I am so happy with Sergio. I want him to stay and play with us. He’s a special player,” said Guardiola.
- Manchester United have won only two of their six previous League Cup meetings with Man City (D1 L3), although they are unbeaten in the three meetings at Old Trafford
- The last time these sides met in the League Cup was in the 2009-10 semi-final, with United winning 4-3 on aggregate thanks to a 3-1 win at Old Trafford in the second leg
- Both times Man City have eliminated their neighbours from the League Cup, they have gone on to win the trophy (1969-70 and 1975-76)
- In all competitions, Man City have won four of their past six meetings at Old Trafford (D1 L1)
- Two of Jose Mourinho’s three wins against Pep Guardiola as manager have come in cup competition (one Champions League, one Copa Del Rey)
- In all competitions, Guardiola has failed to win his past three away games with Man City. He has only ever gone four away games without a win once in his managerial career (March 2009)
Article source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37700029